About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Tax Audits will report to the Senior Director of Tax Planning, Research, and Audits and will be responsible for interacting with tax auditors and working with business partners throughout the Company in order to support the Company’s tax positions on audit. This position will also work on both tax and business initiatives in partnership with an experienced and collegial team of tax professionals.
What you'll do
- Strategically manage the Company’s tax audit and ASC 740 workflows
- Analyze and quantify tax risks relating to positions adopted by tax auditors
- Persuasively articulate and defend the Company’s tax positions
- Navigate procedural options for resolving disputed audit findings at the exam and appeal levels
- Partner with other members of the Tax Audit team and the Tax Accounting team to deliver high quality documentation and workpapers supporting the Company’s schedule of uncertain tax positions
- Partner with experienced Tax Department teammates on a wide range of interesting tax projects
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree with CPA and master’s degree in taxation preferred
- 10+ years of tax experience handling tax audits in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department
- Proven track record of managing and strategically resolving complex tax audits
- Solid federal and state corporate income tax knowledge and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships, establish trust, and interact effectively with government tax auditors
- Top-notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of attention to detail
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills and ability to query ERP software and Company record systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs