About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an Old Navy Sr. Graphic Designer, you are at the helm of the Logo Division, directing and creating season-after-season of brand proud original graphics. Innovative research, inspiring art direction and creation, coaching, time management, collaboration and agility are the FUNdamental pillars of this role.
What you'll do
- As a divisional graphics Lead Logo, create world-class on-trend apparel graphic concepts and artwork that support Old Navy seasonal family messages and align with divisional design concepts.
- Identify seasonal graphic trends and provide analysis through online /in-store research, as well as gather relevant inspiration outside of apparel that speaks to over-arching aesthetic trends. Author tools to communicate these trends to the cross-functional team.
- Partner with Art Director towards creating graphic stories for Seasonal Concepts, Creative Kickoff and the execution of related materials. Align to brand and divisional positioning within the established aesthetic for the season.
- Manage day to day cadence, communication and execution of division’s graphics process from concept to production.
- Nurture, guide and develop talent of direct report(s) within the division.
- Partner with other Senior Graphic leads within the team to ensure brand cohesion across the Family.Design into seasonal concepts that consider roadmap, cost targets and consumer insight information.
- Partner with apparel design counterparts to ensure appropriateness of graphics against style and fabrication considerations.
- Drive opportunities for newness and innovation; exhibiting expert knowledge in graphic layout, technique, color and detail.
- Design and maintain graphic presentation boards / rigs for milestone meetings.
- Provide all relevant development information and documentation to Art Director at legal review time.
- Lead design reviews with cross functional partners and ensure all graphic and production reviews are well documented and clear action items are elevated.
- Prepare and maintain graphic artwork production files as needed against seasonal milestones and pipeline production considerations.
- Review production samples to ensure quality and accurate execution.
- Present design concepts and execution to cross functional partners in meetings and to senior staff in formal presentations.
- Utilize FTP / DropBox for delivery of graphic artwork files and maintain updates within the system. Clearly communicate updates with GIS and apparel design partners.
- 70% concept & design / 30% production & tactical.
- 60% concept & design / 40% production & tactical.
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years apparel graphics experience.
- Experience managing and leading others.
- Thorough knowledge of graphics production (e.g., eprinting methods, apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Expert computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Expert hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing).
- Expert sense of image and type.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs