Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
What you'll do
- Manage editorial element of projects throughout entire production cycle; attend all kick-offs and creative reviews and collaborate with rest of team to ensure timely and appropriate finished piece.
- Establish and maintain consistent brand voice and style throughout all forms of communication.
- Participate in creation of concepts that lead to execution of work, and manage day to day progress and activities of the copy department in executing assigned projects.
- Ensure all copy communicates consistent voice and style throughout all forms of communications.
- Proof-read design comps and printer's proofs for all projects.
- Self-edit and proofread manuscripts prior to delivery.
- Ensure accuracy of product information and price points.
- Prioritize and manage workload.
- Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow-up on own initiative.
- Protect business by ensuring copy has stylistic, account, and legal approvals.
- Continually ascertain workflow efficiency and accurate completion of jobs according to preset timelines.
Who you are
- Proven ability writing and editing a catalog or similar retail marketing vehicle.
- Excellent editing skills with on-the-job proofreading experience.
- Articulate thinker with a sense of humor and an ability to take creative direction, react quickly, and interact productively during brainstorming sessions and kick-off meetings.
- First-rate organizational skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Proficient in Mac platforms and Microsoft Word.
- B.A. in English, creative writing, or related field, preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of writing and editing experience, preferably with a retail catalog or in retail advertising.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs