About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Reporting to the Vice President Tax & Risk, the Senior Director - Tax Accounting and Compliance will lead activities related to income tax accounting, controls and tax rate forecasting and also lead the tax compliance and reporting activities. The Senior Director - Tax Accounting & Compliance will be primarily responsible for managing the preparation and review of interim and annual global income tax provisions under ASC 740, as well as the review of all tax accounting internal and external reporting deliverables.
What you'll do
- Lead team in preparation and review of the global income tax provision on a quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain and review Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation for tax accounting and reporting
- Supervise technical analysis, calculations and documentation related to valuation allowances, uncertain tax positions, foreign operations and tax accounting impacts of business transactions
- Proactively consider, analyze and communicate the financial statement impact of business transactions, changes in business results, tax projects and legislative changes
- Identify and implement process improvements for tax accounting
- Analyze information and prepare scenario-based modeling for forecasting of the effective tax rate
- Lead and assist with the analysis, documentation and implementation of tax projects
- Partner with various teams within the organization to meet needs of the business including FP&A, Corporate Controller’s Group, and Treasury
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, with CPA and Master’s degree preferred
- 15 plus years of tax experience in public accounting and/or a multinational corporate tax department
- Extensive experience leading tax accounting and reporting at large global public entities
- Advanced Federal tax technical expertise, particularly in the areas of compensation, fixed assets and inventory, with ability to research, analyze and document tax reporting and filing positions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to message effectively to senior management and non-tax professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate, develop relationships and partner effectively across the organization
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and high level of attention to detail
- Superior skill level with Microsoft Excel and tax provision and compliance software expertise
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs