About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Within Operations Finance, the Accounting & Controls team is responsible for the consolidation of monthly and quarterly results and all that entails to provide close packages, cause of change and support ad-hoc requests for external reporting. This Sr. Accountant serves as the Corporate liaison for all other Gap Inc. teams as it relates to the accounting and controls associated with the Operations Finance organization. The role includes supporting all OF accounting, including journal entry review, P&L year over year analysis, forecast to actuals analysis, audit support, management of quarterly multi-team deliverables, and support for all internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). The Sr. Accountant must manage multiple priorities concurrently and take ownership for cross-department follow-up and support as it relates to OF financials.
What you'll do
- Supports entire close process, including booking journal entries, performing balance sheet reconciliations, performing forecast to close variance analysis, completing close package, and communicating with internal leadership and Corporate Controllers Group (CCG) leadership on the month’s financial performance results
- Manages quarterly deliverables to multiple teams across the organization, including (but not limited to) Real Estate, Tax, and Treasury teams
- Consolidates and ensures completeness of deliverables to CCG
- Monitor business activities to ensure that associated accounting issues are properly recorded on the GL and that a continuous strong control environment is upheld
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the organization
Who you are
- 5 years Accounting experience; CPA license and Big 4 experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners globally (and take overseas calls outside of normal business hours on an occasional basis)
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Ability to adapt to an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; works well as a part of a team; able to interact with various management levels
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with financial systems (Oracle Financial Systems desired)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs