About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data Science Team at Gap Inc. is a research team that applies techniques from operations research and machine learning to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is creating analytical capabilities to support product operations at Gap Inc. Areas of expertise include: demand forecasting, inventory replenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, pricing, product testing, product attributes, flexible inventory and supply chain initiatives.
What you'll do
- Provide quantitative research (Operations Research/Machine Learning), analysis and support for identifying business opportunities/issues and form hypotheses
- Synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Identify and track the metrics to measure the success of a specific business opportunity
- Participate in the Gap Inc. Summer Internship Program and share insights with the team
Who you are
- Master's degree in progress with one year left to graduate in Operations Research, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or related degree - accepting students that graduate in December 2021 through Spring 2022
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, statistical, optimization and simulation packages (SQL, Python, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization using tools, such as Tableau or D3
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and approach new and complex issues using data and analytics
- An ability to think abstractly and work cross functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A desire to evolve excellent problem solving skills; meticulous and methodical
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs