About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As the Director, Technology Strategic Sourcing – you will drive cost savings and innovation by owning key vendor relationships and driving vital initiatives. In this role, you will own planning and execution (RFPs and negotiations) of category strategies with high strategic impact to all Gap Inc. Brands.
The Director will be responsible for developing and maturing strong and effective Gap and vendor relationships, while driving to effective outcomes. You will lead the Hardware, Telecom and India tail spend teams. In addition you will drive cross-organizational process efforts spanning GapTech, Sourcing, Finance and Legal.
What you'll do
Implement and refine sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans
Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
Negotiate strategic, high impact, multi-brand deals for Gap Inc., as well as lead competitive RFXs and supplier selection
Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, Legal, Finance, GapTech and Brands to drive results and influence change
External Focus: Has a significant technology and software subject matter knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
Balance speed and urgency with cost savings in vendor negotiations and proactively considering new alternatives and driving critical thinking to optimize results
Support the creation and implementation of programs to assess and promote supplier performance and development (e.g., establishing quarterly and annual goals, conducting quarterly business reviews, formal scorecard measures)
Who you are
- 20+ years of experience in Finance, Technology and Strategic Sourcing
- Broad knowledge across Software, SaaS, Cloud, Hardware, and Telecom
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, supply chain management, or related discipline. MBA preferred
- Strong Strategic Sourcing experience and the ability to regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Experience planning and leading negotiations
- Ability to interact with C level executives and demonstrate a professional presence
- Ability to effectively handle issues and challenging situations
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs