About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Sr. Associate Visual Merchandiser is responsible for supporting the creation and execution of global directives to achieve compelling visual presentations in store. They digitally and physically execute the full-scale presentations of all product that has been developed through the line adoption process, while also managing the sample intake process. This role works closely with cruss functional partners to gather data needed for monthly store sets. windows and event zones. The Sr. Associate participates in all key product milestones for their division.
What you'll do
- Maintain a pulse on current and relevant market and visual merchandising trends
- Manage the in-season sample process for the entire Visual Merchandising division
- Proactively collaborate with cross functional partners to support store set process - inclusing visual merchandising, styling/outfitting and displays, and prepare to present to cruss-functional partners
- Actively involved with monthly store sets, windows and event zones that are aligned to the commercial plan
- Prepare written communication - including monthly style guides, test and event communication
- Work with key cross-functional business partners (Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Inventory Management, Field Visual and Stores) to support business objectives
- Actively support the Product Creation lifecycle with Design and Merchandising to ensure the product comes to life through compelling storytelling in support of brand strategies, and appropriate assortment levels across the fleet
- Manage competing priorities between digital and physical sample management, merchandising and outfitting
- Actively support the line adoption process with Design and Merchants to determine appropriate assortment levels across the fleet
- Partner with peers to develop and share best practices in systems, processes, etc.
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Travel as needed
Who you are
- 2 years retail industry and store experience
- Visual Merchandising or Display experience preferred
- Elevated fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends into projects
- Problem solver who is familiar with developing creative solutions
- Organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills required – Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Digital tools such as MIRO
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs