About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The primary focus of the A/V Sr. Tech Lead is to lead the transformation of audio/visual support at Gap Inc. with a primary focus on video conferencing, live production events, and collaboration. Collaborate with GapTech Engineering team members to reduce the complexity of our systems and introduce scalable innovative technology. Establish and deliver best practices for ease of use that are implemented throughout the organization. Support the use of current AV technology and proactively recommend future AV technology solutions to enable seamless and successful audio/video collaboration that consistently delights our internal customers.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional A/V support to Gap Inc. across geographical locations ensuring a consistently high level of productivity and customer satisfaction to the business.
What you'll do
- Lead the transformation of A/V event support and video conferencing across North America HQ locations (San Francisco, Pleasanton, and New York primarily), define and communicate standards to be leveraged across all North America and global locations
- Provide operational support for A/V on-site and virtual events, and act as the primary escalation point for both the business, GapTech Leadership and the AV team
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for the A/V space – manage vendor relationships, evaluate A/V technology platforms and drive innovative improvements on an ongoing basis
- Lead the delivery of proactive services including daily room checks, remote monitoring, system upgrades, and maintenance to ensure maximum availability
- Drive consistent A/V capabilities for our organization – document processes and solutions and promote best practices to share information across Employee Enablement and other GapTech partners
- Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with business, International and US counterparts, at all levels of the organization, including Gap Inc. Communications, and Global Events business teams
- Manage reporting of key AV metrics to management and key business partners and above all, provide outstanding professional customer service every day.
Who you are
- 7+ years of relevant experience in IT AV operations support and a minimum of 2+ years in a lead type role in a large, fast-paced organization
- Expert understanding of A/V technologies: Zoom, Intrado, Microsoft Teams, Live Events, Stream, Yammer
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups
- Customer success obsessed – consistently strive to delight customers and exceed their expectations and appropriate sense of urgency and ability to make timely decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities – constantly looking to improve the team, processes and procedures, and the supported technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with senior members of the organization, co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Lead by example, motivate and inspire other team members to deliver their objectives successfully and effectively influence key stakeholders to facilitate the work of the team
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs