About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Equality and Belonging Groups (EBGs) will oversee Gap Inc.’s seven EBGs, driving operational consistency, efficiency and impact across the organization. You will be responsible for aligning all EBGs in setting and delivering on strategic plans; ensuring their efforts, practices and initiatives align and are in support of our Equality & Belonging goals and commitments. In partnership with employee/customer belonging and diversity business partners, you will create and advocate for opportunities for EBGs to contribute to programs that amply diverse voices, support pipeline development for underrepresented communities and promote inclusive behaviors and business practices. You are committed to driving a sense of belonging and creating a sense of community for all our employees in stores, headquarters, distribution centers and globally and will be responsible for the strategic design and delivery of all cultural, heritage and recognition month events for optimum enterprise impact and employee engagement.
What you'll do
- Oversee the company’s Equality & Belonging Group program, driving operational consistency, efficiency and impact. This includes leadership selection, onboarding, development, succession planning, stakeholder management and internal/external engagement opportunities.
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of all cultural, heritage and recognition month events; partnering with cross-brand/functional teams for alignment and optimum enterprise impact and employee engagement.
- Partner with Talent branding, communication and social teams to identify, assess and build communication strategies that support and strengthen brand recognition in diverse communities; develop opportunities to amplify EBG communities, initiatives and events internally and externally.
- Work closely with employee/customer belonging and diversity business partners to create and advocate for opportunities for EBGs to contribute to programs that amply diverse voices, support pipeline development for underrepresented communities and promote inclusive behaviors and business practices.
- Connect and inspire EBG leaders to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities. Drive the connectivity with EBGs and the Equality & Belonging goals and commitments.
- Continually bring new and innovative thinking to the Equality & Belonging community; challenge status quo and traditional method of execution.
Who you are
6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy.
3 + years of leadership and/or program management; proven ability to operationalize and scale programs.
3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role.
Ability to motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups.
Understands and uses relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders. Can position themselves as a trusted advisor to leaders, peers, and cross-functional team players.
Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build relationships, manage stakeholder expectations and influence employees across all levels of the company.
Strong evidence of professional maturity with proven ability to use appropriate judgement and discernment when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs