About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of FP&A and Control, this role requires partnering with members of the BR Leadership Team to develop Divisional budgets/forecasts and perform insightful analysis. Key responsibilities include budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis, process improvement projects, and ad hoc analysis.
What you'll do
- Serve as primary relationship manager with BR HQ Divisional budget owners in monthly forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, and annual development of detailed department budgets
- Participate in the development of the annual budget and monthly forecast
- Manage close process, ensuring completeness of accruals, identifying and researching income statement variances to budget and forecast, and proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Assist in preparing executive presentations for budget and forecast that provide insight and analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Develop new methodologies to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed
- Perform a variety of business analysis that will be driven by Corporate Finance
- Work closely with functional areas to understand business flow and key drivers
Who you are
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
Minimum 3 years work experience in financial analysis or auditing
Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase a plus
Proven analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills
Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
Organized and detail oriented
Team player with a positive attitude
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs