About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Social Media Manager – Insights and Analytics will play a critical role in monitoring and analyzing conversations about Gap Inc. and its brands across all channels, and will help manage the reputation of our portfolio of brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Janie and Jack and Intermix. We’re looking for someone who is an expert at identifying the signal from the noise, who lives and breathes social media listening strategy, and has a high degree of expertise in analyzing data, trends and social conversations to inform strategic planning and crisis response. The manager will regularly create detailed analysis reports for Comms leaders and channel owners as well as succinct, executive-level briefs for leaders.
What you'll do
- Own end-to-end set-up and tracking for social listening and analysis, including monitoring all social media activity across Gap Inc. and brand channels and partnering with Communications leaders to track positive, neutral and negative conversations across all platforms.
- Create detailed reporting and analysis to Communications team members and channel owners as well as succinct, executive-level reporting and analysis for leaders to drive business decisions.
- Use crisis thresholds to escalate negative conversations to appropriate partners – serving as the point person during moments of reputational risk to the business.
- Manage social media crisis protocol and partner with relevant teams to continue to evolve procedures to meet business needs and best practices.
- Partner with Director to support and assess corporate and executive social landscape, and leverage insights for cross-team planning.
- Serve as a thought partner to support reputation response strategies and occasionally support social content development.
- Support response strategies on Glassdoor and Indeed in partnership with media agency as needed.
Who you are
5-7 years of relevant work experience for large, global brands, including in-depth knowledge of corporate social media strategy, social listening, content development, listening platforms, best practices and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
Direct experience in analyzing crisis and social conversation in a corporate setting.
Highly effective communicator with a penchant for collaboration and problem-solving; is savvy at building relationships with key business partners across multiple teams.
Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data.
Experience with Brand Watch platform is ideal; or equivalent listening tool.
Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to work well under tight deadlines and effectively manage high-pressure issues and crisis situations.
Experience in content development and copy writing a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs