About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager, Talent Development for Old Navy HQ is part of the Gap Inc Talent Strategy & Performance (TS&P) team, responsible for assisting the Old Navy TS&P team with strategy, thought leadership, design, development, program delivery, management and evaluation that drives business results. You will actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance, and recognize performance. This position will ensure alignment of company's people strategy with the strategic goals of the business. You will serve as a "face" of TS&P, answering questions, marketing programs internally, and supporting overall success of people development initiatives. In this individual contributor role, you will have broad scope and utility, specifically partnering with HR Business Partners, Enterprise TS&P, and Old Navy Leadership to diagnose organizational capabilities that lead to the development, implementation, management and evaluation of educational content and solutions that result in organizational success. The outcome you will drive is a high-performance workforce that supports the demands of brand growth.
What you'll do
- Own localization of Gap Inc. Development Programs within Old Navy.
- Partner with Sr. Manager, TS&P to execute and manage talent plans for Product Functions at Old Navy.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate performance, developing and executing high-impact talent programs (virtual, instructor led, e-learning) for Old Navy HQ in partnership with Business Leaders, HR Business Partners and other Gap Inc HR partners.
- Manage project and program development and delivery using instructional design methods, industry-leading research, and innovation.
- Integrate inclusivity into talent development programs and talent practices to foster a sense of belonging and equality for all.
Who you are
You are a continuous learner, a high achiever and “strategic doer”, comfortable working with all levels in a fast paced, agile environment.
You possess grit and organizational savvy to build relationships across the company, understand the business environment, and deliver results on your own through your influential power.
You have technical experience in adult learning theories and/or instructional design and leadership development; you are a masterful facilitator and coach with strong diagnostic skills (listening, probing, analyzing).
You have 3-5 years of experience in Learning & Development, Talent Development, Talent Management or related experience in delivering high-impact development results.
Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Zoom and other e-learning (i.e. Articulate, Yvond, etc)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs