About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Vice President, Old Navy Loss Prevention will develop and lead the Loss Prevention and Safeness strategies and teams to protect the Old Navy organizations 1200+ stores, located in 3 countries, supported by 54,000+ employees who deliver approximately $8 billion USD in annual sales. This leader will create and implement programs and practices that provide a safe and secure environment for Old Navy stores, employees, and customers; and will lead the Old Navy organization to minimize Total Loss related to theft, fraud, malfeasance, and systemic error. S/He is a business leader & driver and will be the primary LP and Security partner for multiple VP+, including the EVP Head of Global Stores, VP Head of Global Store Operations and teams. This position reports to the SVP Gap Inc Loss Prevention, Corporate Security, and BCP (Chief Security Officer). In cooperation with the Brand leadership, develops and evolves an effective strategy to mitigate risk and safeguard the organization; Leads North American Old Navy staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in financial, physical, personal, and reputational risk; Deploys and maximizes effectiveness of state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative Loss Prevention management techniques to safeguard the organization’s assets; Ensures adherence to appropriate standards and associated risk controls; Develops relationships with high-level law enforcement counterparts, and private sector counterparts in North America; Through leadership, influence, and subordinate leaders, coordinates and implements a comprehensive Brand wide protection model and practices that secure and protect Old Navy’s Commercial efforts, minimizing financial impact of total loss; safeguarding the Old Navy team and customers; and ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
What you'll do
- As a senior leader in the LP Organization, this leader must positively impact Old Navy and the Corporate enterprise. Acts as a key advisor and partner to our Corporate Teams (HR, ER, Legal, Facilities, etc), Brand Presidents, Heads of Stores, and Executive Team in matters of safety, protection, operations, technology, and practices to anticipate, address, prevent, and mitigate security and loss issues across the Old Navy Fleet. Influence senior leaders in areas like coordination with the Global Supply Chain and Transportation on the impact of practices on store accuracy and operations; coordination with the Inventory Control Team to facilitate accurate inventories and expedient follow up to shortage issues; and coordination with Real Estate and Facilities to ensure new and remodeled stores and locations are provided appropriate protection measures.
- Establishing a strong diversity ethic and practices in Old Navy and the LP Department to ensure the Stores environment is “Open to All” and LP is a visible leader in Equality and Inclusion.
- Continually assess and analyze safety, theft, fraud and loss risk to the Old Navy Stores and adjust strategy and practices to minimize. Maintain subject matter expertise and strong connections with Industry leaders, Law enforcement, and Government leaders to understand trends and best practices.
- Provides vision, leadership, oversight, counsel, and development to teams and field leaders for the delivery of security, protection, and loss prevention services to the Old Navy brand including:
- Operations- provide operational support to organization and LP for risk related activities including budget creation and maintenance, Vendor management, LP and Safety Training and awareness, LP program building and operation, statistical and performance measurement, and brand deployed LP Technology development and management.
- Stores LP- Develop and lead team that protects the 1200+ stores, the team of 60k+, and millions of customers from incidents of theft, fraud, and safety issues. Team works closely with store leadership to prevent issues and uses LP expertise and technical ability to address issues that exceed the stores ability to prevent. Create a safe and secure store environment with minimal impact from financial loss through theft, fraud and systemic error.
- Brand leadership- Provides counsel and emergency direction (as needed) to lead and support Old Navy Field leadership (HR, Visual, Upper Field, Store Operations) including emergency situations, crisis management, Threat management, BCP operations and events, etc. Member of the Field leadership Team (FLT) supporting Territory VPs, Store Operations, and Head of Stores.
Who you are
15+ years of leadership experience in corporate setting preferably in government or a large public company with Global perspective, multi-cultural understanding and approach with previous responsibility for security, loss prevention, and team leadership.
Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; advanced degree or training helpful.
Demonstrated integrity and ability to maintain principles under pressure.
High-quality analytical skills, management experience, and exceptional leadership ability. Passion for excellence and a demonstrable orientation toward successful team and leader development.
Ability to anticipate, influence, and assist the organization to assess and rapidly adjust to changing conditions and trends (internal and external) of importance to the direction of the Old Navy stores business.
Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills. Strong negotiator/facilitator and consensus builder.
Strategic orientation with ability to act tactically, as required. Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs