About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Associate Manager role includes but is not limited to managing and supporting product projections, final booking with vendors, in season PO and delivery management until x- factory. Daily communication and coordination with cross functional partners around the globe in multiple time zones to ensure all deliverables are met. Maintain an accurate assortment files based on brand direction after final placement.
What you'll do
- Final book all seasonal assortment bookings with sourcing partners per global due dates.
- Confirm any changes made post final placement with Merchants and Order Management team; identify problems and begin to troubleshoot. Weekly category management of cross functional change memo.
- Manage all category deliveries for seasonal assortment via E2E and negotiate delivery improvements wherever product is late. Track reasons and escalate to leadership. Troubleshoot solutions and optimize ocean delivery where possible. Track air budget week/week.
- Track weekly in season delivery delays via SMEE tool.
- Maintain OT% above 92% for season.
- Gather information on category liabilities and present solutions to CFT.
- Manage product claims and defective merchandise.
- Partner with cross functional teams to execute chase and cancellations requests.
Who you are
Knowledge of Production: trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction
Knowledge of testing protocols relative to International markets requirements.
Knowledge of International legislative initiatives for International markets.
Retail math- basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages needed to determine costs, margins and turnover.
Email etiquette to communicate with both internal and external partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs