About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Inventory Planner will support the Inventory Strategy aspects for the launch of a new business category across the Old Navy chain. This includes the system setup, development of processes, development and delivery of training, supporting inventory management activities through labs and office hours, and gathering feedback to make refinements.
Develop Inventory Management Processes
What you'll do
- Partner with Planning and Allocation teams to develop processes to rollout this new business segment
- Create clear process documentation outlining the critical steps and highlighting changes to existing processes
- Partner with functional experts to test the processes with our existing system capabilities
- Highlight any risks or issues with process and tools, help determine options and find solutions
Training and Implementation
- Partner with functional experts and instructional designer to turn process documentation into training documentation
- Help facilitate review sessions of training documentation to feedback to teams
- Support train-the-trainer sessions
- Facilitate training sessions with the Planning and Allocation teams
- Support IM activities with labs and office hours and 1-on-1 assistance
- Help escalate process and system issues
- Lead hindsight sessions and identify specific actions and improvements to incorporate into the future seasons
- Partner with MPA and IM to ensure that system configurations are setup correctly
- Take into account feedback provided in hindsight questions to improve the system defaults and analytics
- Support the finalization of seasonal PETE setup
Who you are
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Process Management: Able to create and organize work and processes to get things done in the most efficient manner
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs