About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GapTech is the engine behind Gap Inc.’s mission to be the world’s favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce and digital platforms for all Gap Inc.’s brands and delivering global, scalable and cloud-based platform solutions across all of our products from product to market to customer. Our network team supports our ~3,000 global stores 24/7 to ensure our customer store experience is best in class. Gap continues to innovate to create a more differentiated customer experience, much of which is enabled by next-generation infrastructure technology and is core to a seamless digital experience. GapTech operates in a DevOps agile development model aligned to our business capabilities to drive innovation at speed.
We are looking for an experienced technologist to own and drive transformation for our network, compute and storage in a hybrid multi cloud-based environment. This includes owning our modernization and standardization of our engineering tools and shared services that enable all of our product engineering teams and our ITSM and asset management practices. This role is a critical member of GapTech DevOps Leadership team, reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). In this capacity you will be leading in defining, delivering, operating, and evolving the foundational infrastructure– as well as sustaining release and change programs for a global Development organization. We operate three primary development centers in the Bay Area, Ohio and Hyderabad. This role will oversee global teams. You will directly influence and implement improvements to the Gap’s infrastructure, cloud strategy and accountability to ensure high availability to Gap’s business.
We are seeking a transformative leader of Cloud Engineering & Operations with hybrid cloud and automation experience. This leader will drive a successful DevOps model and manage the team that will work on the automation necessary to deploy, manage and monitor. This role is accountable for peak execution. This role will lead and be instrumental in driving our journey of adoption that will shift workloads from co-located data centers to a public cloud model.
What you'll do
- What team(s) does this role lead? IT Service Management, Infrastructure & Network, Shared Services (engineering tools and automated test framework), Cloud Engineering & Operations.
- On what leadership team(s) does this role participate (own team, cross-functional): GapTech Leadership Team.
- What kind of complexity does this role face? This role will need to strike the balance of operational excellence, growth and experimentation by enforcing operational rigor while safely enabling innovation. Requires high partnership across development engineering teams.
Provide executive leadership to support, grow, and empower the teams responsible for Cloud, Operations, Infrastructure, and Shared Services.
Lead collaboration with the Product, Engineering, and Security teams to design and build world-class infrastructure that enables 24x7 high performance/ availability that focuses on reliability and scalability of our cloud platform.
Lead the Cloud Team and collaborate with business units to coordinate efforts and activities to execute on the company’s Cloud strategy.
Lead Shared Services in providing the underlying capabilities of tools and automation in addition to creating the platform for production alerting, monitoring, metrics and logging for our product teams; provide guidance to the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Platform team to deliver a seamless and efficient pipeline that makes it easier to build, test and deploy code.
Oversee planning and delivery of transformation initiatives; develop goals aligned with customer needs, delivery speed, cost and service objectives.
Lead and drive Peak Readiness Planning to support high performance of our omni-channel experience.
Manage the operating budget effectively to help us get faster, cheaper, and better in our operational footprint.
Who you are
- Senior leadership experience within an enterprise environment; track record of successfully delivering within a critical DevOps transformation model.
- Track record of successfully building and scaling all aspects of highly-available global operations including: deep knowledge of infrastructure, global availability, 24x7 monitoring & support, compliance, and site reliability practices.
- Experience overseeing cloud infrastructure operations via GCP, AWS, Azure, or similar.
- Experience implementing automation and self-healing modern capability across a network infrastructure.
- Track record of creating and leading large high-performing teams with multiple functions and within significant sized organizations with P&L responsibility.
- Proven ability to drive operational efficiency, service delivery and customer focus across multiple platforms and tool sets.
- 10+ years of technology leadership experience; 15+ years of relevant technical experience working in large scale production operations; Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs