About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for a Network Engineer for Campus domain who will have direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for Gap Inc's Campuses, Operation & Engineering deliverables. You'll be able to handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously along with being an escalation point of contact for various operating teams. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out goals that positively impact our network engineering and operations functions.
What you'll do
- You will interface with other network primes; internally and externally to GAP and be directly engaged with network design, planning, implementation, and security.
- You will handle multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously with or without designated Technical Project Managers.
- Provide final-tier support for highly impacting network related issues and events.
- Responsible for development of network standards with a focus on platform, hardware, software and configuration methodologies
- Responsible for Campus Networks, Operations and engineering within production and non-production environments.
Who you are
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with Design and Implementation of Cisco networking technologies, including one or more of the following: Cisco Viptela SD-WAN, Meraki, advanced switching, routing.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including SDN, SDWAN, TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP, HSRP and VRRP.
- Must have proficient network WAN protocol experience: Broadband, T1, Dark Fiber, WAVE
- Must have proficient knowledge of Network switching and Wireless protocols: vPC, FP, VXLAN, STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- Strong written and communication skills. Excellent problem-solving and judgment skills to evaluate situations and provide effective solutions
- Knowledge of Network automation and programmability using Python or Ansible is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs