We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst of Retail Finance to independently manage Athleta’s Retail OPEX. In this highly visible role, you’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with the VP, Stores & Operations and field leadership team. This role is critical to the success of strategically growing our Stores channel so we’re looking for an individual who is extremely analytical, a strong relationship builder, and motivated to drive results.
What you'll do
- Effectively model and manage all store payroll and related expenses for the growing Athleta fleet including the development and communication of labor forecasts to store leadership and to internal finance business partners
- Develop the annual budget and long range plans for store labor in partnership with store operations and corporate business partners, supporting Athleta’s strategic priorities
- Develop the strategy and provide the required analytical support to recommend new/different ways of managing store opex in a growing and changing business environment
- Engage cross-functional business leads to support, analyze, and pilot various labor related initiatives
- Identify key drivers of store opex variability and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities
Who you are
Bachelors degree in Finance or related field
4+ years of financial analysis experience, consulting, Big 4 accounting, or related equivalent
Experience with a large consumer products retail company preferred
Able to synthesize large, disparate amounts of data into a cohesive framework
Able to resourcefully problem solve and effectively drive to results
Advanced Excel skills and modeling required, knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs