About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc. Technology is the engine driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for Gap Inc.’s five renown brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and INTERMIX. We’re looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for retail technology. As part of our team, you’ll be exposed to hands-on learning opportunities across all facets of the Gap Inc. Technology organization, working on high-profile, big-impact projects alongside the best technologists and leaders in the industry. Ready to get started?
GapTech Information Security is the global information security function for Gap Inc. inclusive of, and across, all Gap Inc. brands. The Sr.Security Engineer is a member of the Infrastructure Security Engineering and Operations team within GapTech Information Security, and reports to the Director of Infrastructure Security. In this role, the Sr Engineer will cater to the needs of the business, engage with product teams, be responsible for developing security engineering, solutions engineering and operational support across hybrid multi-cloud, on-prem and retail chain environment, ensuring governance and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintain Gap Inc. Information Security policies, standards, and industry best practices.
What you'll do
- Engineer and implement security and compliance across Gap Inc hybrid-multi cloud platform and retail chain.
- Drive automation across infrastructure, associated configurations and maintain security capabilities across commerce and enterprise application platforms in public hybrid multi-cloud.
- Work hand-in-glove with product teams on security integration with CI/CD pipelines, understanding requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing cloud footprint network design, network security, infrastructure security and privileges to support scaling against various enterprise project requirements.
- Create and maintain technical operation runbooks, ensure services are peak ready.
- Drive collaboration across global virtual team, on-call cadence and service KPI’s.
Who you are
- Excellent communication and collaboration capabilities to be able to discuss, influence, and deliver technical concepts easily and efficiently with technical product teams.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud platforms i.e. Azure, Oracle cloud, GCP or AWS technologies and concepts such as:
- Cloud platform design, networking, network security, application security stack, virtual network edge services i.e. L4/L7 Gateway service, firewalls, app GW, WAF, CDN, DDoS, threat protection services, resource / network / application security groups, VNET / VCN security, IaaS / PaaS/ SaaS / CaaS foundational services integrations and security.
- Strong knowledge on routing protocols ( BGP, OSPF), network integration, application service integration skills, good understanding of directory services security, privileged ID/ secrets management, container / micro-services security.
- Experience on pipeline security, CI & CD authoring configuration management scripts and deployment tools: Terraform, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef , Ansible. or equivalent, Git repo integration & mgt.
- Strong scripting skills: Go, Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell is a must. Knowledge on Security compliance ( PCI, GDPR, CCPA ), Security Policies (Best Practices), ITIL
- Proven knowledge and minimum 5+ years of experience handling cloud technologies, Azure or AWS certification is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs