We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Email Coordinator role is responsible for supporting the email team in driving traffic & sales through the email channel. The role involves email campaign management, calendar updates, reporting, email QA to ensure flawless execution of email to motivate customers to transact online and in store at Athleta.
Athleta is a fast growing brand with continued focus on increasing awareness, driving new & existing customer purchases and engagement with the Athleta community. Based at our San Francisco headquarters, this job sits within the Athleta digital marketing team and will work cross-functionally with teams including, but not limited to, brand marketing, creative & editorial, product management, analytics, web merchandising, and our email vendors & technology vendors. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, proactive & organized, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess a passion and curiosity for digital marketing, email marketing & the customer journey.
• Owns all aspects of the email marketing calendar from creation and maintenance to communicating changes to key business partners. This will also include leading the weekly calendar call with cross functional partners.
• Assists in weekly, monthly and ad-hoc email campaign reporting.
• Owns QAing and approvals of all campaigns to ensure creative content, links, and copy are all correct prior to deployment.
• Assists in promotional emails from the briefing process to deployment.
• Assists with lifecycle, triggered and transactional email programs to engage and retain existing subscriber base. This could include ad-hoc reporting to QAing and maintenance.
• Owns the creation and maintenance of email analysis documents. Responsible for extracting strategic insights from analyses to share with team.
Who you are
• Internship or 1+ years in email, customer relations management or digital marketing. Retail or CPG experience preferred
• Strong reporting and analysis skills. Experience with QA a plus
• Ability to adapt to change, with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills; highly detail-oriented.
• Self-starter who takes initiative, has excellent follow-through and a strong desire to learn.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs