About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As Associate Design Director, in partnership with theSenior Creative Director and Art Directors, you will be responsible for and managethe design direction of seasonal omni content from big idea to secondary/tertiaryproduct campaigns. You love how design, typography, and graphics work together withphotography and layout and you use those tools to support clear product andbrand storytelling messages. As a master of hierarchy, you will mentor, inspireand work with a team of designers to put forth a clear and evocative creative. Asmarketing and creative go hand in hand, you will partner closely with ourmarketing team to creatively concept design solutions that build client loveand drive purchase.
You will also collaborate with and manage agencies that we partner with to ensure that Old Navy brand tone and design visuals are consistent. You thrive in coming up with solutions that are brand right, engaging and innovative and can scale across multiple channels. Reporting to the Sr Creative Director, you will help lead a team to innovate and build the Old Navy brand from concept to execution.
What you'll do
- Support Sr Creative Director/Art Directorsand lead your team to develop strategic marketing campaign concepts, promotionsand provide creative solutions that meets business objectives.
- Lead multiple projects and manage/motivatemultiple teams of designers
- Direct the design team to build concept presentationsand seasonal design toolkits across multiple channels.
- Delegate/Assign work, including monitoringteam bandwidth and finding synergies where possible.
- Presents work and displays effectivecommunication to business partners and senior management.
- Partner closely with other Creative leadership,Editorial, Program Management, Production and Marketing to develop and delivercreative for robust 360 consumer experiences.
- Build relationship with cross-functionalpartners across the organization at the Sr. Managers/Director and above level.
- Direct the work of strategic agency partners.
Who you are
- 7+ years of design and art directionexperience across omni-channel content (digital + print)
- At least 4+ of those years managing creative teams.
- Portfolio that shows graphic system/toolkitexperience across email, direct mail, site assets, paid media and paid social.
- Experience creating design direction forcampaigns.
- BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design orCommunication Design.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs:Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and Apple: Keynote
- Ability to apply user interface andinteractive design best practices to projects
- Strong knowledge of mobile usability and bestpractices. Responsive design experience extremely helpful.
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented;time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
- Strong relationship-building skills; abilityto collaborate and work with a variety of people in various disciplines.
- Strong presentation skills, and strongcommunication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solvingskills.
- Strong leadership, negotiation andconsensus-building skills.
- Knowledge and experience in retail,beauty/fashion and understand current industry related trends
- Ability to work in a very fast pacedenvironment and meet very tight deadlines.
- Proven inspirational, thoughtful leader
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs