Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The position of Associate Art Director is part of the Gap creative team and will be focused on bringing product stories to life in an editorial, compelling approach. This position requires a highly motivated individual who can concept and create and execute creative projects. Focus will be on concepting seasonal messages and creating compelling content that can be leveraged across all channels (in-store, .com, social, etc.)
• Collaborate with peers to concept seasonal campaigns that support the overall branding and marketing objectives across all mediums including store windows and signage, site and emails.
• Concept and execute elevated fashion and still-life photography, and video content. Support the vision from concept ideation to post production
• Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
• Ability to work closely with cross functional teams
• Ability to work within the established budget and time constraints
• Enforce and evolve the brand voice and identity (color palette, typography, executional tool-box) over time.
• Deliver exceptional creative in all vehicles, on time and integrated with seasonal briefs.
Who you are
• Experience with digital photography and editing software
• BA Graphic Design or related field
• At least 3-5 year’s experience as a conceptual role
• Strong creative background; a minimum of 3 years of retail, photographic direction, and art direction
• Expert knowledge of design-related software (Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop)
• Good interpersonal, management, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Experience making comments for image retouch, image post production
• Experience creating assets for both digital platforms and for print
• Social media and moving image experience a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.