About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
A role of MaintenanceTechnician II in a Gap Inc. distribution or fulfillment center is responsiblefor all equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) and repairs to; forklifts,conveyors, associated DC equipment, general maintenance of the DC and the abilityto perform all lower level technician duties. This role is to identify andtroubleshoot complex mechanical and technical failures. Also, this position isresponsible for completing equipment moves and new equipment installations,including; electrical, pneumatic and hydraulics. You are required to safelyoperate warehouse equipment and machinery and have knowledge of the assigned DCtechnology and process flow. Provide technical training for TechniciansAssistant’s and Technician I’s. Work within safety guidelines and under theguidance of the maintenance supervisor.
What you'll do
- Performall duties associated with lower level technician positions.
- Conductroutine repairs/tasks with shop equipment: band saw, Arc and Mig welders,Torch, Install copper tubing, Hydraulic press; drill press; grinder.
- Performcritical preventative/predictive maintenance, IDesearch/cross-reference parts,repaireplace system components and troubleshoot for; Conveyor Maintenance,Forklift Maintenance, and 3-phase Electrical Systems under 600 volts.
- Performadvanced conveyor system controls maintenance by proper use of electrical PPEand tools, size and install electrical circuits, and understand ladder logicand navigation of software to troubleshoot.
- Operateall maintenance tools to include forklifts and lift equipment.
- Leadspecial projects and communicate with fellow workers on a technical level.
- Operateall maintenance tools to include forklifts and lift equipment
Who you are
- Results Driven
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 – 5 years of practical experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate electrical and PLCknowledge – understanding electrical prints
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs