We have been unwavering in our commitment to keeping our teams, customers, and communities safe and healthy. With nearly 1,000 Gap Inc. employees in India and longstanding partnership with local manufacturers and community groups, Gap Inc. is assisting in the growing international response to support the COVID-19 recovery effort in India. Separately, Gap Foundation is making grants to CARE and Airlink to support the COVID-19 recovery effort.
Here are some of the actions Gap Inc. is taking:
Caring for Our Teams
- Gap Inc.’s Vaccine Task Force is highly focused on expanding vaccination access and is working to establish a support platform to help individuals gain access appointments as available and also reimbursing employees on associated costs.
- Gap Inc.’s HR partners in India have set up tools and resources so our employees can get assistance and support if they test positive for COVID-19. Gap Inc. is also providing additional sick leave to all impacted employees and checking in with managers to ensure employees receive the necessary support.
- Gap Inc. employees have the option to individually help India’s relief efforts by making a tax-deductible contribution to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund via the United Nations. Gap Inc. will match donations to any registered non-profit from eligible employees starting at $10.
Gap Foundation is making grants to help public charities provide emergency support in affected communities:
- Gap Foundation’s grants to CARE and Airlink enhance local capacity to deliver critically needed services. Gap Foundation is contributing $100,000 to CARE, which will support the development of four to five COVID-19 care centers in highly populated areas with high rates of infections. In addition, $50,000 is being donated to Airlink to support the delivery of 80 -100 tons of critical-need supplies to local communities.
- Gap Foundation has also donated $150,000 to the United Nations Solidarity Response Fund to support the World Health Organization (WHO) and its partners in the global fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Gap Foundation is one of the founding partners and investors in the Resilience Fund for Women in Global Value Chains, which aims to raise at least $10 million in pooled funding over the next three years to support locally driven solutions to crises like the COVID-19 pandemic.