“Athleta’s mission of fostering connection among women and girls to unleash their limitless potential is more important than ever during this time of physical separation.”
- Mary Beth Laughton, Athleta CEO
Building on its 20-year history of celebrating the power of the female collective, Athleta has created “Move Together, Move Forward,” a new Power of She campaign. Brought to life through video, virtual experiences and stories of inspiration, the campaign brings to life the impact women have when we move together.
On May 9, Athleta will convene its first (em)Power Hour, an inspiring, action-oriented experience that harnesses our collective power as women to move forward, together. The virtual event will be facilitated by female thought leaders in sport, fitness and motivation to inspire women and girls feel supported, energized and empowered.
- Power of Movement: A high-energy dance cardio workout with Megan Roup, founder of The Sculpt Society
- Power of Hope: A candid conversation with Olympic gold medalist and Team Athleta sponsored athlete Allyson Felix on how to find hope amid disruption
- Power of Connection: New York Times best-selling author Glennon Doyle will help us lean into our connections to build stronger communities
The event will conclude with women and girls joining together in a high-energy intention setting to move forward together led by host Dyllan McGee, founder and executive producer of MAKERS and McGee Media.
More information about (em)Power Hour is available at http://athletaempowerhour.splashthat.com.
“We created ‘Move Together, Move Forward’ to galvanize women and girls with a message of hope and resilience,” said Sheila Shekar Pollak, Chief Marketing Officer of Athleta. “To bring us together as a powerful female collective who will get through this together – as we always have and always will.”
Additionally, the brand is telling stories of women who bring the Power of She to life in their own community with a new “Portraits of Strength” series on the Community hub at Athleta.com. This series will kick off with in-depth conversations with members of our community including:
- Yoga instructor, Founder of Bambiini Yoga and mother, Jessie Cox
- Family Medicine Physician & The Culinary Doctor ™️, Dr. Lauren Powell
Mary Beth Laughton, Chief Executive Officer of Athleta, added, “As we continue to grow our business, we remain focused on fostering connections among women and girls. We want every member of our community to know she can find community support and great product for all aspects of her active life at Athleta. ‘Move Forward, Move Together’ is another way we are bringing our mission to life.”
For more information on “Move Forward, Move Together,” visit Athleta’s Community hub.