Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Manager, Gap Outlet Marketing, will work closely with the Director, Store Experience to execute and manage marketing from creative approval to release. The person will need to be skilled in all facets of creative production: they will manage all seasonal and promotional marketing for windows and in-store, and partner closely with cross-functional partners to plan and meet promotional marketing and packaging needs.
This role is based out of the New York office and requires you to be in the office on an occasional basis for critical in-person meetings and/or job duties that cannot be performed remotely. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Lead in-store seasonal and non-seasonal marketing program development and execution from initiation to in-store implementation.
- Build strong relationships with key partners including Print Production; Creative; Visual Merchandising; Operations; Communications and outside creative teams
- Partner with Visual Merchandising, Operations and Communications in development of in-store presentations and to ensure operational excellence for the Field
- Manage Development and Implementation of In-store Marketing, inclusive of windows, overheads, and navigational marketing (seasonal and non-seasonal).
- Translate Creative Briefs into tactical work orders for assigned programs
- Serve as an information resource for all Gap Outlet marketing (product naming/packaging, seasonal and non-seasonal marketing)
- Partner with GFOL partners to coordinate product and photo-shoot needs, on a seasonal basis
- Partner with Merchandising on product naming and packaging.
- Manage in-season updates caused by changes from original marketing plans
Who You Are
- 4-5 years project management or account management experience
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work well under tight deadlines and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be solution-oriented, provide options, and creatively approach resolving issues and meeting schedules.
- Must have great attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with partners
- Experience with instore materials/merchandising highly desired
- Bachelor's degree
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs