About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will partner with business leaders and engineers to build custom software that powers our iconic brands of Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta. You will help define the product roadmap by working with other product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities to positively impact the customer experience.
What You'll Do
- As a PdM II, you will work with your product management counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities and help to scope out the customer experience.
- Maintain and prioritize a backlog of multiple workstreams, including support for store device and associate mobile app roadmaps
- Write robust requirements, prioritize the backlog, and work closely with the engineering teams to deliver and test quality software
- Develop and manage project plans and key stakeholder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders; articulates product needs clearly and succinctly to different audiences and cross functional partners
- Develop in depth knowledge of industry trends and standards to introduce the continual process, tool and methodology improvements
- Identify, measure, and interpret results to validate product strategy; Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities
Who You Are
- 3-6 years work experience required, with experience in Retail or Customer-related industries preferred
- Experience working with large software engineering teams both within and outside of your domain
- Demonstrate technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non technical stakeholders
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Understanding of concepts and procedures specific to own subject area
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs