About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The goal for our platform Ecommerce Operations team, with Mission Control at its core, is to provide exceptional customer experiences while enabling our brands to tell their story and sell their products on our digital platform.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for managing and driving resolution on technical and functional issues submitted via Voice of the Customer across all brands and markets. The Operations Analyst acts as an advocate within the brand for operational effectiveness. Is the brand POC for high severity tracking & resolution, partnering with technical teams to define site & tool enhancements.
They will help own the overall status of identifying, assessing and determining the right severity based on business impact. If it’s considered a high severity incident they will own and drive high severity incident calls that are considered business critical between IT, the Brands and Product Management. If additional information is needed, they’ll provide steps to reproduce and any errors found in log files. The Operations Analyst will also communicate the status of high severity issues across different teams. Serves as liaison and technical consultant to the brand for digital innovation and platform optimization.
The Operations Analyst will deliver key insights of technical and functional issues that negatively impacts her shopping experience to Product Management and will provide suggested work arounds or solves for issues. Builds strong relationships with functional leads to drive change to business process within their teams.
What You'll Do
- Drive results as first line of support to cross-functional teams when website and tool issues occur. When needed, work with IT Service Level Management and other partners to facilitate resolution and communicate updates to brand teams.
- Continually assess business processes for effectiveness and improvement.
- Partner with members of cross-functional and central teams for driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
- Evaluate competing requests with sound perspective and a solid business case to negotiate priorities and resources appropriately on behalf of the project working group.
- Serve as additional support to troubleshoot site/tool issues to mitigate business impact. Escalate to senior management as needed.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of online eCommerce or relevant (retail, voice-of-customer, etc.) experience
- 1-3 years of detailed task planning and execution experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate project work among cross-functional and cross-branded teams.
- Technical acumen to act as a liaison between business and technical resources for troubleshooting and driving for root cause resolution.
- Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining operational processes for a project, team and broader organization.
- Ability to grasp complexity quickly and drive results while juggling many priorities within tight timeframes
- Strong knowledge of web production and e-commerce release processes, including direct experience with website tools and technologies.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting.
- Ability/preference to work weekends strongly desired
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs