About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Finance ID number: GT848
The Global Incident Command Center (GICC) is GapTech’s systematic, proactive approach to monitoring critical dashboards to report on critical alerts and guide all stakeholders to work together seamlessly and manage business critical incidents regardless of cause, size, location or complexity in order to mitigate business outage/impact. High collaboration and partnership is key to this role. Should have strong understanding of the incident management process and handling major incident bridge calls. This position will act as an incident commander on major incident bridge calls and will be responsible and accountable to drive major incidents to resolution within the defined SLA’s (Service Level Agreements). This highly visible role will interface with senior leaders in business and GapTech and represent GapTech organization wide.
What You'll Do
What you will do:
- This role demands to be available 24*7 for business-critical incidents, and work in shifts.
- Must be agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts
- As an incident commander, you will be responsible for driving high-severity, high-visibility severity calls to closure within the defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements). Based on the severity of the issue, which may be revenue-impacting, you will be required to engage with executives, vendors, SREs (Site Reliability Engineering) (Site Reliability Engineering), and other product teams during the call.
- Train team members and other incident commanders on how to drive major incident calls, by providing feedback during and after the calls.
- As a deputy, you will be responsible for monitoring and assessing the potential impact on business-critical applications/systems and assist the incident commander as required. This role will be expected to take over the incident commander role when needed.
- As a scribe, you will be responsible for maintaining the timeline of key events during a major incident. Documenting actions and keeping track of any follow-up items that will need to be addressed.
- Monitor operational dashboards and alert the Product teams for action. Drive urgency based on application criticality.
- Assesses risk and manages activities affecting the production environment and users facing application availability.
- Understanding of reactive case lifecycle and troubleshooting methodology.
- Help drive the required changes for reliability as the company adopts a hybrid cloud foundation
Who You Are
Who you are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree or work experience and 6+ years of professional experience in IT (Information Technology) Operations/Incident Management
- ITIL Certified or equivalent
- Proficiency with ITSM tools like Service Now, Pager Duty, ITIL, IT Operations, and Incident management
- Confidence and presence to interact with executives and cross-team stakeholders
- Ability to persuade and influence teams to drive solutions to business-critical issues
- Exposure to handling and engaging vendors and vendor management
- Exposure to incident management process for cloud-hosted applications environment on Azure and Oracle
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams
- Event response experience with one or more – New Relic, Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, Datadog
- System-level understanding of storage, computing, distributed systems, networking.
- Understanding of Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, microservice architecture, Middleware & Tomcat administration
- System-level understanding of storage, computing, distributed systems, networking
- Good knowledge of Azure Cloud Fundamentals
- Ability to manage multiple activities at one time in a high-pressure environment
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills and strength in driving business outcomes and results
- Strong technical, written, analytical and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and adaptable to changing requirements and direction
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive-level management.
- Must have good understanding of eCom retail architecture design and platforms hosted with Cloud Service Providers such as MSFT, Oracle, Google, etc.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs