About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Manager of Inventory Reporting Analytics is part of the Merchandise Planning Analytics team, within the Inventory Management division at Old Navy. This role creates Excel-based reports and tools that complement enterprise software for the Planning, Allocation, Pricing, and Merchandising teams. This role also supports users of reporting across all sales channels.
As part of one of the most innovative teams at Old Navy, you will:
Be at the forefront of change
With an expansive view of the business and its processes, you will help shape how we implement brand initiatives.
Draw a wide circle
Your work will impact a broad cross-functional group, up and down the ladder. See a different side of Inventory Management than traditional Planning and Allocation.
Get your hands dirty
By owning both strategy and execution, you will have latitude to structure your technical work efficiently and make improvements as needed.
What You'll Do
- Develop intuitive tools and reports in Excel using formulas and VBA code
- Lead and manage mid-sized reporting projects
- Conceptualize creative Excel solutions to new business problems
- Integrate multiple data sources for seamless user access
- Strategize cross functionally on best tool design for business needs and initiatives
- Translate between business needs and detailed technical requirements
- Maintain technical elements of tools and reports
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Gather and synthesis user feedback and incorporate in future development
- Support technical and business process usage of reporting suite through shoulder-to-shoulder troubleshooting
- Run critical reporting for IM business management
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in Inventory Management (Planning, Allocation, Buying, Pricing, or Strategy)
- Advanced user of Excel
- Experience with computer programming in VBA or similar language
- Supervisory or related experience preferred
- Proven eye for simplicity and clarity
- Openness to user feedback
- Comfort with fast-paced changes, evolving project goals, and reprioritization
- Ability to form effective relationships with a broad group of business partners
- Creative problem solver
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs