About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
For this role we are looking for someone with Front-End Web Engineering expertise who can clearly communicate and work collaboratively with designers, product managers, writers, and stakeholders. If you have one foot in user interface design and the other in web development best practices, you may be the unicorn we are looking for.
A good understanding of design thinking, lean methodology and/or test and learn strategies are important to this role. The Gap Inc. User Experience team is a diverse group of open-minded people willing to try new things, fail forward, and try again. We are curious and inventive, opinionated, and open to criticism. A great Creative Technologist should embrace the culture of curiosity and learning that drives the User Experience team at Gap Inc.
Remote Work Available.
What You'll Do
- Primarily, you will be working on the Gap Inc. eCommerce Design System: building out or updating components, documenting best practices, and working across teams to make the best and most accessible library possible
- Work on both a small team of developers and designers collaborating on expanding the system, and a larger team of developers working on tending to the library of components
- You’ll also work across teams to help evangelize UX best practices, weigh in on important technical conversations across the platform, and help guide technical and non-technical teams
- Expand your knowledge base to include common patterns across platforms, connect dots, and make educated arguments
Who You Are
- You have a solid understanding of ES6+, HTML5, SCSS (or LESS), Typescript a plus!
- Interested in-and up to date with the latest and greatest in web technologies
- Experienced with SPA frameworks especially ReactJS
- Experienced with unit and/or integration testing
- Bonus if you’re an A11Y/WCAG expert
- Someone attracted to good design, creativity, and collaboration
- Open to critical feedback
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs