About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Director, Photo Production will report to the head of Old Navy Production. This highly motivated producer will lead and manage the development of all seasonal shoots for Old Navy Global marketing photography and video. Be willing to work in a very fast paced environment and work on multiple projects at once.
What You'll Do
INSPIRING PROVEN LEADER:
- Highly critical thinking, self-motivated leader who can adopt current processes and procedures while look for efficiencies, pipeline opportunities.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table and work well with cross functional leaders.
- Be in the weeds of production detail but can also think high level about process and planning. Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Build a highly functional production team managing all aspects of a given project - from concept through shoot.
- Maintain strong relationships with brand business partners and external partners to align on seasonal projects and marketing content.
- Consistent collaboration with internal studio team to create omni photography.
- Project management practices have been demonstrated in prior roles. Problem solving and ingenuity is an important part of this role.
- Challenge self and production team to see new possibilities, encourage creative, innovative, and non-conventional contributions by leaning into risk to create with intention.
- Proven track record to manage a budget and find solutions to keep shoot efficient.
HIGHLY KNOWLEDGABLE AND WELL-VERSED IN INDUSTRY:
- Have a future thinking mindset and be knowledgeable of new photo technologies and industry trends.
- Research new talent and understand current trends in the fashion industry.
- Attract the best talent and ignite performance to win individually and as a production team.
- Oversee booking of all talent including, but not limited to, usage, casting director, photographers, directors and video crews, HMU artists, set designers, post-production editing houses and music licensing.
- Travel regularly to lead campaign marketing photo shoots and manage all on-set production - managing the flow of shoot, ensuring accuracy with samples/outfits, communicating specifics of each shot to CD/AD/photographer, determining backgrounds/set designs, and managing budget and freelance support.
- Research, scout and secure locations for photo shoots, including permits as necessary.
- Be solution oriented, anticipate and resolve issues, including last-minute changes due to location, talent, or weather issues by utilizing appropriate resources.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDER - FREELANCE TALENT / EXTERNAL VENDORS
- Professionally represent Old Navy and have a strong ability to navigate various personalities and orchestrate a large crew while on set and consistently find new levels of talent and services.
BUDGET OWNERSHIP / FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Annual budget ownership.
- Manage shoot budgets and be a strong negotiator. Reconcile costs for each shoot, making sure they do not exceed budget.
- Summarize and critique quarterly financial and forecast opportunities for cost efficiencies without compromising creative direction.
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS: COLLABORATE WITH CREATIVE + PRODUCTION TEAMS
- Must be an expert at problem solving, with the ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise. Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production challenges
- Proven ability to build strong and meaningful relationships, works under pressure, and multitask.
- Should be an excellent communicator and a change maker with the to inspire teams. align cross functional teams and external vendors. Should have strong art buying experience to communicate creative vision on Old Navy’s behalf.
- Responsible for creating and managing overall photography schedule including key milestone dates and on-set shoot schedule.
- Professionally represent Old Navy and work closely with third party vendors such as photographers, models, wardrobe stylists, prop stylists, hair and make-up artists, digital techs, digital artists, etc.
- Enjoys collaboration with creative and photography teams to bring Old Navy’s creative vision to life.
Communicates/works regularly with: Senior Global Creative Director, Photo Art Director, Photo Producers, Fashion Styling, Studio Account Managers, Digital Artists, Photographers, Stylists and Asst. Stylists, Merchants and Merchandise coordinators, and Marketing team.
Who You Are
- 15+ years-experience producing photo shoots both in-studio and on-location (on-figure experience a must; retail or fashion experience preferred). Video production is a requirement.
- 15 years of experience leading a combination of pre-production, on-set production, and post-production photo / video teams with an innate ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience as a leader with team management in a creatively driven agency, internal photo production team, or studio.
- 15+ years-experience in model/talent sourcing and booking and production relating to photo shoots (location searches, permits, location vehicles, catering etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a 4-year College or University preferred
- Travel is required.
- Solution-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and works well under deadline pressure
- High level of professionalism and self-motivated
- Proficient with software applications such as Office, Adobe and ability to learn new tools.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
We’ll send you to our application portal to get started.
Browse all jobs