About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
Gap Inc’s Services team is part of the Strategic Growth Office (“SGO”), which is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. As the Director of Operations, Services, you will identify, stand up, and build strategic partnerships and enable services with the goal of diversifying Gap Inc’s revenue streams. This includes developing partnership strategies with key stakeholders, scoping potential partnerships, negotiating contracts, designing test plans and markets, developing relationships, and supporting the rollout and ongoing growth of these opportunities. You will work closely with operations, finance, marketing, sales, etc. to bring nascent ideas of life. Your entrepreneurial spirit and thought leadership will enable the SGO to ideate, validate, and execute on our vision. The Director of Operations, Services will report to the Vice President and GM for Services.
What You'll Do
- Drive Gap Inc. service initiatives, including: Identifying key issues, structuring problems, developing and delivering on workplans that drive value creation across Gap Inc. brands, performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including analyzing data, creating financial models, and conducting market and competitive research, synthesizing findings, developing a storyline and the supporting materials to communicate recommendations to Senior Management and Leadership Team
- Develop, test and drive service and partnership opportunities for the SGO
- Develop the P&L for SGO Services; deep understanding of economic flow through (pricing/cost implications, deal structure, etc.)
- Envision new services and test and scale across our brands
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and potential partners, supporting projects/deals from ideation to execution
- Build teams necessary to deliver and scale business
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to launch offerings in a dynamic, technology-driven environment – motivate teams to bring our future state vision to life
- Build and scale the long-term vision for services aimed at diversifying revenue streams, innovating, etc.
- Keep a pulse on partnership trends and the important players in the competitive landscape
Who You Are
- 7-10 years of professional work experience, ideally 2-3 years with a top-tier management consulting firm and experience working at a retail / apparel brand.
- Able to translate complex ideas and dispersed information into simple, actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker – able to work in the details and click-up a level to grasp the “big picture”
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large / complex data sources, and understanding of how to link strategy to implementation / financial plans
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans and drive change management and project manage critical initiatives
- Self-starting and independent project manager - able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status and results across multiple projects
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with senior executives
- Experience managing and developing more junior talent
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively – a true team player
- MBA a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs