About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
This Allocation analyst role is responsible for managing allocation and store inventory depth, specifically for the Mens division within Banana Republic Stores. The analyst will partner closely with Inventory Management business partners to translate product strategies to store groups and ensure equitable inventory allocation across store groups. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience. The Allocation Analyst will support department or division in-season yield management through allocation strategies.
What You'll Do
Major responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing allocation including pre-release forecast and analysis, new flow release, replenishment management, and exception management of issues.
- Drive gross margin & gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals by managing in-season allocation levers
- Partner with cross functional team on in-season allocation strategies to deliver the optimal inventory to stores through partnership with Merchandising, Store Planning, Visual and Marketing teams and partner with logistics for pick estimates.
- Execute ad hoc data analysis as needed to support business decisions, synthesize results, and recommend actions as appropriate
- Business acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them
- Presentation skills: Story-telling ability to synthesize data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Time management & organization: ability to quickly re-prioritize while still meeting deadlines
- Peer relationships: proven leadership & respect amongst peers
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to transform findings into executable plans and sustainable solutions
- Technical learning: Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel; Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and ability to master new and available technical applications
Who You Are
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a retail, supply chain, or inventory management environment
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs