Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Senior Planner of Omni Merchandise Planning is responsible for partnering with the cross functional team on the development, communication, and execution of the financial strategy including sales, margin and inventory from department to class. The Sr. Planner ensures that hindsight, assortment framework and financial strategies are built in a way that service the Online and NA market by gathering and assessing data of the market and partnering with the inventory planning teams. The Sr Planner is responsible for pre-season strategies through to market investment, in-season OTB management, and pricing.
What You'll Do
Senior Planner, Merchandise Planning oversees multiple departments with the below responsibilities:
- Responsible for style level investments that hit the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department
- Collaborate with the merchant team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments, inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, key attribute, and season code (time on offer).
- Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short term and long term financial strategies/action plans
- Lead demand driven buying efforts
- Own OTB and sales and inventory forecasting for team, including assessing total risks and creating resolutions
- Recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies as well as influence in-season commercial plan changes
- Drive profitability through leading and executing promotional and markdown strategies which align with divisional and brand financial goals
- Support direct reports’ career development and skill development to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Partners with marketing on key investments aligned to big ideas, campaigns and marketing
- Analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities for multiple departments
- Responsible for delivering a flexible and responsive approach to inventory management inclusive of Test and Respond, Rapid Response and Open to buy
- Serve as a brand SME for inventory management process improvements and brand projects
Who You Are
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable recommendations to Drive for Results
- Keep Customer Focus in mind when making decisions
- Accountability: Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple deliverables and priorities
- Collaboration & Influencing: Ability to build constructive relationships with a broad range of business partners; can present ideas and direction that lead others to action
- Minimum 4 to 5 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent required
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs