About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are rapidly changing. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of the product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are home grown, and we therefore collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience.
In this Platform role, you will partner with cross-functional business and GapTech partners to support critical technology that powers all four iconic brands. You will gain a deep understanding of the areas you own to uncover the top opportunities to drive the business forward. And set goals to dominate in each space. You are responsible for defining the product strategy and roadmaps within your domain by working collaboratively with other product management counterparts and leaders to understand desired capabilities to positively impact the customer experience. And flawlessly execute to drive a measurable impact back to the business.
This role requires a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the customer journey, while striving to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts.
What You'll Do
- Lead team of Product Managers supporting Platform domains.
- Drive product strategy, roadmap and execution of Headless UI modernization.
- Oversee design system build out and component libraries leveraged across ecommerce product teams. And develop plan to continuously optimize and sustain to maintain site excellence.
- Ensure we are building and maintaining standards of performance, accessibility, and documentation. And drive efforts to achieve defined goals.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders; articulate product needs clearly and succinctly to different audiences and cross functional partners.
- Manage roadmap and backlogs; articulate user needs, pain points, user impact, and desired outcomes for features.
- Identify dependencies with other strategic initiatives Influences other product managers to incorporate dependent features into roadmap.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends and standards to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Identify, measure, and interpret results to validate product strategy; provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
Core programs you will lead:
- Headless UI Platform migration (Next JS)
- Design System
- Preview Environment
- Site Performance
- General Platform (CI/CD pipelines, caching)
- Sitewide elements
Who You Are
- Experience working with large software engineering teams both within and outside of your domain
- Demonstrate technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non technical stakeholders
- Evaluate sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information (internal and external sources)
- Able to filter, prioritize, analyze, and validate potentially complex In depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own subject area and understanding of procedures and concepts in other areas
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $185,500 - $245,800 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs