About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
In this role you will drive the success of one or more product categories by creating and meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals. The ideal candidate is curious, innovative, and focused on executing an amazing customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Strong analytical and storytelling skills will serve you well, and a collaborative mindset is a must.
What You'll Do
- Develop top/down department/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives and own bottoms up financial reconciliation of class to department
- Own in season open to buy and pricing activities, representing style/class/department/product point of view in key meetings and working with peers to ensure consistency of information
- Manage projects and program execution within area of specialty and ensure quality of work
- Build strong cross brand and functional relationships to influence others and drive results, leveraging both internal and external insights
Who You Are
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and aptitude to learn technical applications quickly; proficiency in retail math
- Build constructive and effective partnerships with a broad and diverse group of business partners;
- Possess strong business acumen and strategic agility, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that rally others to action
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results, and to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs