About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
At Gap Inc., our purpose is to be Inclusive, By Design. Our updated vision is to grow purpose-led, billion-dollar brands that shape peoples’ way of life. An important part of Gap Inc.’s Power Plan 2023 strategy and Next 50 plan is to transform how we operate in service to our customers. At the core of this plan is an accelerated digital transformation, to enhance growth, customer-centricity, speed, efficiency and resilience.
To that end, we have established a Digital Transformation Office (DTO) that will support the design, implementation and achievement of large-scale strategic initiatives. These initiatives transform the organization and its core capabilities to improve growth and profitability. The DTO provides rigor, structure, expertise and activation to help business partners deliver these initiatives individually and collectively. The DTO partners with leaders to drive the digital transformation strategy, performing transformation program management, change management and process engineering. The DTO also provides program management and change management support to transformation pillars that are embedded in our brands and functions.
The Sr. Manager, Digital Product Creation Transformation, plays a critical role within the Digital Product Creation pillar to transform the way we bring product to market. The Digital Product Creation transformation encompasses the digitalization of our product creation operating model from ideation to manufacturing to improve product design, innovation, quality and relevance for our customers, as well as supporting employee and business goals. This is a multi-year transformation that is integral to digitalizing our end-to-end value chain.
This role supports leadership and key business partners in developing, implementing and supporting transformational change in our product creation processes. This includes: envisioning new operating models and ways of working inclusive of people, process and tools; conducting workshops with cross-functional partners to solution or redesign processes; building roadmaps and storylines to drive leadership and partner buy-in; and develops change management strategies and performs change assessments. The Sr. Manager also manages and tracks program and change deliverables and actions upon interdependencies across workstreams and other transformation pillars.
The successful individual in this role has experience in operational transformation programs at a retailer, either internally or as a consultant. This role deals well with ambiguity, applies an analytical mindset, and drives for results in a collaborative way. This individual is also comfortable navigating a complex organization and influencing senior business partners.
What You'll Do
- Deploys DTO program management and change management best practices within their transformation pillar.
- Manages and tracks program and change management deliverables and actions upon interdependencies across workstreams and other transformation pillars.
- Proactively builds business partner relationships including transformation business leaders and their transformation pillar PMO leads to discuss operating model design, implementation and risk management.
- Develops roadmaps that articulate how capabilities connect and transform over time to help organization understand requirements and interdependencies.
- Prepares and enables the business for change, including conducting business readiness assessments, developing training / roll out strategy, and communications strategy.
- Documents operating model components and reengineers processes based on business partner inputs.
Who You Are
- 5-8 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar strategic role preferred. Operational role in apparel design or production with program management experience also highly preferred.
- Strong strategic aptitude and ability to connect dots and drive work from point A to Z.
- Experience with performing program management and leading PMO roll-ups in a complex program management capacity; includes expertise in operationalizing program management governance and RACI.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” to deeply understand and drive program deliverables, write executive presentations and manage projects directly if applicable.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs