About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will be a critical part of managing and supporting employee benefits strategy, plan design, administration, compliance and communication of Benefits programs. You will help ensure that programs are market competitive and add value for employees and the company. You will engage with internal business partners (HR, Finance, others) to understand the priorities of the business, and apply those priorities with internal and external business partners on delivery of programs and initiatives that support talent attraction and retention.
What You'll Do
- Subject Matter Expert in Health & Welfare self-funded plans as well as at least one of the following disciplines: Leaves & Disability, Retirement, &/or Wellbeing programs
- Manages budget, vendor, and stakeholder relationships associated with the role
- Ensures compliance of Gap Inc. plans with all business and legal plan requirements, preparation and filing of legally required reports and documents such as the SPD and 5500 filing, responsible for SOX certifications and internal audit reviews
- Works closely with Shared Services as well as other internal and external key stakeholders to manage the administration of the benefit programs
- Ability to manage communication strategy and communicate plan changes and employee impact to multiple audiences. Must be able to share knowledge and expertise with team members, internal partners, as well as with employees
- Manages benchmarking and survey process to help maintain the competitiveness of our benefit programs
- Represents Gap Inc. and participates in forums such as Retail Benefits Group
Who You Are
- 8-10 plus years within Benefits function and experience in large companies with exempt and non-exempt employees
- Health plan management experience, including account based plans, health care consumerism and participant communications
- Thorough knowledge of ERISA and other laws governing employee benefits; strong understanding of PPACA and experience with state and local mandates
- Strong business acumen, particularly financial and analytical skills; solid understanding of IT capabilities with HRMS desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects, manage multiple vendors and outside consultant relationships
- Advises and influences, gaining alignment across business units and functions
- A consultative style, executive presence, consensus-building ability, outstanding and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to senior executives as well as large groups.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs