About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst of Competitive Analysis & Demand Forecasting to join our Corporate Finance team. This newly created position within Gap Inc. be focused on developing insights from key external and internal sources and using them to create demand forecasts for Gap Inc. This high visibility role works with teams across the organization to aid our finance teams in decision making and help drive our business forward. The scope of this unique position creates opportunities to influence decisions that impact all brands in the Gap Inc. portfolio.
What You'll Do
- Develop insights by combining externally focused research of competitors, retail market forecasts, and macro-economic factors with internally focused demand metrics, customer KPIs, and new growth initiatives
- Manage market share and industry benchmark reporting, delivering weekly and monthly tracking updates and insights to key Finance leaders
- Partner with our Data and Analytics team to build and maintain demand forecast model that incorporates external and internal data points to develop scenarios, run sensitivities, and identify risks/opportunities within company forecast
- Communicate forecast insights and influence key stakeholders, including Gap Inc. CEO & CFO, Brand Presidents & CFOs, and finance business partners to assist in the development of their forecast and budget planning
Who You Are
Who You Are
- Organized, with demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple workstreams
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses keen attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Skilled at developing and delivering presentations to senior management and cross-functional groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
- Driven by a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in finance, investment banking, retail consultancy, and/or strategy, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs