About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
The Senior Designer will work closely with the Creative Director and the Banana Republic creative team, with a focus on social first content and paid media. The role is an exciting opportunity to translate the Banana Republic rebrand into content that delivers newness and excitement in organic and paid channels. This role will be responsible for owning projects from concept through to delivery, working from briefs as well as initiating and pitching concepts.
What You'll Do
- Concept, develop and execute branded content inclusive of art direction and design for paid social,
- organic social and digital advertising and media
- Translate campaign themes into compelling channel specific content
- Pitch innovative social first concepts to amplify business goals and initiatives
- Concept and execute short form video content and animation
- Partner with strategy to translate data and insights into creative that delivers results
- Stay abreast of social media landscape (Pinterest, Meta, TikTok) infuse trends into brand relevant executions
- Own and oversee work through lifecycle of project—concept, development, refinement, execution
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout all deliverables
- Partner with production partners to revise and refine assets for delivery
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including strategy, copy, project management and production
Who You Are
- An innovative and conceptual creator, skilled at merging art with commerce
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work with elevated brand expressions
- A deep knowledge of fashion, image making, and branding with a highly refined sensibility
- Experience with video content creation and animation, digital storytelling
- Passion for pop culture, trends in social media, understanding of landscape and performance drivers
- Refined design sensibility and typography skills
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives pivot frequently
- Love collaboration, discourage competition
- 5+ years relevant experience, retail or luxury background preferred
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, Premiere, After Effects, Keynote. 3D/AR development are a plus
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs