About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This Copywriter role is responsible for drumming up smart, product-proud, on-brand copy for a variety of marketing collateral. Working independently and in collaboration with other writers, designers, marketers, & brand managers, you will help develop editorial content, focused on product copy and packaging, for the Gap website and retail space.
What You'll Do
- Create, proofread, and self-edit copy that clearly communicates marketing and product messages.
- Writes, self-edits, and proofreads copy for all online and retail content components, including site product descriptions, packaging, and other projects as needed.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that copy communicates effectively within a layout.
- Meet deadlines, attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Play an active role in photo brainstorming and concept development for online photography needs.
- Responsible for scheduling workflow, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Work closely with marketing, merchandising, design, and production partners throughout the lifecycle of each project.
Who You Are
- BA in Creative Writing, Journalism, or related area.
- 3 – 5 years professional writing experience, preferably in an online or direct-communications environment; Fashion retail experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt writing to Gap voice with excellent command of the English language and grammar.
- Knowledge of current trends and general interest in fashion and fashion terminology.
- Strong and flexible writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact productively during brainstorming and kick-off meetings, work independently, and communicate information among team member and work as a team or independently
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines. Proficient in Microsoft Word. Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs