About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic product leader who will guide the strategy and development for applications that support our content and asset management operations. This includes photo studio management, digital asset management (DAM), and content management systems (CMS). These systems provide foundational capabilities to serve the needs of creative and marketing teams across our portfolio of brands.
In digital commerce at Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact, and innovation. With one of the top-20 global eCommerce sites we’re among the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – that helps drive a strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
The Digital Product Management team at Gap Inc. is responsible for creating a best-in-class digital brand experience for our portfolio of specialty apparel brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, and Banana Republic Factory. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
This role is based out of the San Francisco office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of product managers (3-4), external agencies, and vendor partners to deliver capable and flexible solutions for Photo Studio Management, Digital Asset Management (DAM), and Content Management (CMS)
- Champion our content and asset capabilities internally, helping advance the vision for this space, drive innovation, gather user feedback, and evolve our capabilities over time
- Continuously identify opportunities, analyze business benefit, evaluate ROI and prioritize and negotiate initiatives to develop a roadmap that delivers on our shared vision and strategy
- Build, manage, and develop a strong team of product managers that will help achieve the buy path vision for Gap Inc.
- Manage multiple, concurrent initiatives in various phases of ideation, execution, and delivery
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization including general managers, engineers, operations, merchants, analysts and program managers
Who You Are
- 10+ years of progressively relevant experience, 3-5 years of digital product management experience, 3-5 years of people management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience managing DAM and CMS solutions at scale
- Data-driven mindset and track record of managing both custom-built and 3rd party software implementations
- Strong communication and partnering skills – experience communicating product strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business value via effective product stewardship, understanding business impacts and making data-driven decisions
- Experience building and growing strong teams – strategic hiring, coaching and development of entry-level through senior product managers
- Be versatile: able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs