About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will support the overall Finance function for a large, multi-brand retailer in a fast-paced, complex environment. Gap Inc.’s headquarters Finance team provides financial support to various business units and the Executive Leadership teams. You will be responsible for providing guidance, data, and analysis to other areas of Finance or the brands. The teams are responsible for leading several key financial performance management activities for Gap Inc., including the annual budget / operating plan, long-range plan, and monthly forecast. Using these activities as a foundation, they provide the executive leaders and other relevant stakeholders with forward-looking financial projections, performance perspective, and foundations for optimal decision-making.
What You'll Do
- Prepare monthly financial reports to Gap Inc. management and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver financials for the company, whether related to financial close, internal or external reporting, or analysis for key stakeholders in Finance
- Assist in preparation of presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expenses during the budget, forecast and close processes
- provide financial support and analysis to key internal groups such as Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Audit
- Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with others on a solution
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
Who You Are
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and general ledgers, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and the entire financial close process
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- High level of emotional intelligence and be able to work under strict deadlines
- Savvy in entire MS Office Suite; strong Excel skills are needed to manage large amounts of data
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs