About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
Support achievement of Banana Republic’s plans and forecasts by influencing leaders and cross-functional partners to make smart investments through sound financial analysis, recommendations, and reporting.
What You'll Do
We are looking for someone who possesses core financial skills and the ability to evolve processes with long term solutions to accommodate our changing business.
• Manage the financial planning processes for Banana Republic Factory Stores in US and Canada, which includes daily/weekly/monthly forecasts, annual budget and long range plan for sales, margin, and inventory
• Develop financial models and ad hoc analysis that clearly quantify the cost/benefit of business initiatives. Utilize numerous forecasting techniques (builds, comps, trend projections, etc.) to identify the range of possible outcomes. Initiate analyses to solve problems, create alternatives and guide brand investment decisions
• Provide thought leadership and strong financial point of view to business partners. Be able to influence others
• Develop, maintain and ensure data integrity of relevant forecasting and reporting tools
• Cultivate a collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
Who You Are
• Bachelors degree required; MBA a plus
• 4-6 years of financial and business analysis. Retail planning experience preferred
• Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem solving skills
• Ability to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way
• Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment with a sense of urgency
• Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs