About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the daily operation of the facility through providing floor coverage and safe operation of related warehouse equipment and machinery. Be Customer Curious as you support maintenance mechanics while conducting PM’s (preventative maintenance) and repairs on equipment. Identify and communicate basic mechanical failures. Work within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor or upper level technicians.
What You'll Do
- Identify and troubleshoot solutions that impact facility product flow
- Ability to assist technicians with mechanical repairs on equipment associated with warehouse distribution
- Follow start up and shut down procedures for air compressors and dryers
- Operate and perform basic PM’s on assigned equipment
- Monitor and maintain carton flow on conveyor lines – clearing of jams
Who You Are
- Basic technical knowledge of MHE and automation in a distribution center environment
- Capable of multitasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to perform general maintenance to include; painting, plumbing events, hanging of signs, bulb replacement and facility upkeep in a timely manner
- Understanding of the process of operation of the facility and your ability to effectively communicate issues.
- Ability to utilize conveyor cameras and HMI workstations to maintain product flow.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs