Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role you'll work front and center in defining the best path forward for our company. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic direction for our portfolio of brands. We are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall corporate strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for preparing and supporting our C-Level executives for key stakeholders meetings. You will be in charge of driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth, and long range plans. Your goal is to drive long-term, value creation through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
This role is based out of the New York office and requires you to be in the
office on an occasional basis for critical in-person meetings and/or job duties that cannot be performed remotely. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Drive Gap Inc Corporate and Brand Strategy initiative identification, planning, and success. Activities include: identifying key issues, structuring problems, developing and delivering on workplans that drive value creation across Gap Inc brands; performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including analyzing data, creating financial models, and conducting market and competitive research; synthesizing findings, developing a storyline and the supporting materials to communicate recommendations to Senior Management and Leadership Team
- Create sales, inventory, and traffic reporting and tools for Gap Specialty and Gap Outlet Inventory Management teams to be used to evaluate and diagnose critical business trends
- Maintain sophisticated preseason, in-season, and weekly tools and reporting in various advanced programs
- Work with leaders to establish efficient processes for the Inventory Strategy and Inventory Management teams
- Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
- Support cross functional business partners with analytical insights and problem solving
- Own work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, and analytical framework development
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Influence strategy for area/team
Who You Are
- Professional work experience, preferably with experience in apparel, retail, management consulting, or private equity
- Expert-level Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge in VBA, SQL, and other programming languages
- Experience with web-based visual analytics reporting like Tableau and Microsoft Power BI
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem solver and strategic thinker with the ability to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to translate complex ideas and dispersed information into simple, actionable recommendations
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large / complex data sets efficiently and effectively
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs