About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business.
The successful candidate has a strong analytical mindset, is passionate about understanding the challenges associated with Inventory Management and Yield Optimization, and is skilled at combining strategy and analytics, storytelling with data and driving business decisions with analytics; they are expert at accessing and manipulating complex and large scale data, and applying analytics in support of business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Analyze data using statistical methods to understand the quality and effectiveness of inventory optimization processes at the company.
- Analyze and identify/synthesize key trends that have the potential to impact the organization within established metrics on a regular basis.
- Represent the use cases, interests and mission of Allocation Optimization processes and growth plan during the evaluation of new tools, technologies, and data environments.
- Design, build & continuously improve the teams’ ETL and report automation processes.
- Proactively foster strong brand, business partner, and analytics relationships to help inform analytical results with correct business context.
- Support strategic initiatives and cross-functional stakeholders by implementing best-in-class quantitative and qualitative analysis and business intelligence tools.
Who You Are
- Analytically minded with strong business acumen and excited for a role that requires you to combine the two
- 4+ years of experience in an analytics role, preferably in a multi-channel retail and/or supply chain environment, or in a management/internal consulting role where analytics is a central area of focus
- Proficient in using SQL for analysis of large customer and transactional datasets; other languages, such as R, Python or SAS, a plus
- Passionate about retail, inventory management, and supply chain functions
- An expert in creating advanced Excel data models/analyses and PowerPoint presentations
- A natural at drawing insights, making recommendations that drive business actions and at nurturing business relations
- Curious, a quick learner and organized
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- A talented storyteller with superior presentation skills (written, visual and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs