Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Senior Manager of Commercial Planning for Gap North America is responsible for the strategic creation of the promotional calendar for Gap Online and Stores in order to meet financial goals as well as delight the customer. The ideal candidate is supremely skilled in strategy and analytics, has a solid foundation in product, pricing, and/or promotions-based work, has strong financial acumen, and a knack for pulling together various data points to tell a fact-based story. Tenacity and follow through skills are critical, as well as attention to detail in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Ownership and responsibility of the promotional plan for Gap Online and Gap Stores in the US and Canada, inclusive of building pre-season plans and the management of in-season strategy and change
- Manage cross functional relationships across stores and online through various levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
- Advocate for the Gap customer through the lens of promotions
- Innovate on promotional constructs through frequent hindsighting, leveraging internal resources, and staying close with competitors
- Help to optimize process and drive efficiencies
- Manager to one direct report
Who You Are
- Highly responsive and adaptable to meet business needs
- Strong understanding of retail financial metrics and general business acumen
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
- Tremendous organization, process management, and attention to detail
- History of effective cross-functional partnerships and working through multiple levels of an organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; skilled in the art of storytelling, driven from insights and data
- Strong excel skills
- 7+ years of strategy, promotions, pricing, and/or product experience
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs